Celebrate a New Year and a New You!
Ready for the amazing new you for 2018?
New Year’s Eve day I have this tradition of looking back on the previous year and celebrate my accomplishments and also release any feelings of shame and feelings of “I should of done this or that.”
The things I didn’t accomplish or get done I look at what I could of done differently and what was blocking me(i.e.. fear, procrastination etc) and then releasing that to God . I don’t allow myself to listen to any negative inner chatter.
This year I had a few things I didn’t accomplish. I realized that those particular goals I wasn’t passionate about and it didn’t feel authentic to follow through on them.
Allow yourself to let go of those things you didn’t follow through on or accomplish. Perhaps you were meant to be on a different journey or path.
This is a time of renewal, rebirth, and new beginnings. To receive new opportunities and possibilities, we have to let go of the old and what may not be serving us.
I have a few questions for you:
- What would like to celebrate yourself for looking back at 2017?
- As you approach the New Year how do you want things to be different?
- What are your hopes and dreams? Are you being called to create something new in your life or business?
- Are ready to say NO to procrastination, distraction, fear, and overwhelm so you can reach your goals?
I also did some major decluttering last week and this can be so freeing getting rid of the old. Personally, when I have a lot of clutter around me I lack clarity and focus. How can we think clearly when we are surrounded by chaos?
Helpful tips to step into the New Year:
1. Clear the physical clutter: Go through your wallet, purse, old e-mails and files. Throw away what you don’t need. Do you have books that have been sitting in your bookshelf for years?(Give them to charity or your church) Clear your closet and give away the clothes you haven’t worn in years. Clearing the physical clutter will allow you to also clear the closets of your mind.
2. Free yourself of emotional clutter: Identify what is lowering your energy level. What or who is depleting you? Is there a relationship you want to let go of? Write out the “energy drainers” and let go of it so you can move forward.
3. If you have difficulty letting go ask yourself “How long do I want to hold on to this? How long do I want to suffer because of something that happened in the past? What is the cost to me physically, emotionally, energetically, and spiritually?” Be gentle with yourself and know that letting go is a process.
4. Acknowledge your accomplishments for 2017. It is so important to celebrate our accomplishments. Quite often we forget to do this!
5. Set personal and professional boundaries so you can be the best version of yourself for 2018. I strong believe that setting healthy boundaries is the path to personal freedom. If you need help with setting boundaries read my blog:https://marthatassinari.com/boundaries-for-women-in-business/
6. Journal your new goals/intentions for the New Year. I do this every year. Create a plan and timeline for your new goals. What change are you ready to make? What vision do you want for yourself.
7. Make yourself and your business a priority. Invest in yourself and hire a coach or mentor!
If you are ready to get clear on your mission, experience success in your life and business, press the reset button on your money mindset, create a focused action plan, set healthy boundaries and make 2018 your best year ever, then join me in a 1/2 Day Virtual Strategic Visioning and Planning Intensive.