It can help increase your revenue, self worth, and confidence.
Let’s first get clear on what boundaries are and how they can impact your life and all your relationships.
Boundaries are based on your beliefs and values. They define who you are as a person. It allows you to take ownership of what is yours and detach from what is not yours.
The purpose of boundaries is to protect your highest values and allow you to speak your truth.
Boundaries affects all our relationships (personal/professional), our finances, our emotional health, and our physical health. In short, boundaries are everything!
I always get the question “How do I set boundaries?” Here are 4 simple steps:
- Respect your value and self worth
- Get clear on your values and what you stand for
- Ditch the excuses
- Choose courage over comfort
Let me ask you a few questions:
- Are you able to state your fees to your clients with complete confidence without backing down?
- Do you offer a discount because you think your client might not be able to afford your package or product?
- Are you undercharging because you feel guilty about charging more?
- Do you overload your packages and products?
- Do you struggle with having the conversation when a client is behind on payments?
If you said yes to any of these questions, don’t beat yourself up. Take a deep breath and know you aren’t alone.
Here is an exercise to help you create a brave boundary around money:
- Identify a situation where you maybe afraid of setting a boundary around money?(i.e. what money conversation have you been avoiding?)
- Identify the false belief. What false belief around money could you release to create a positive impact? (example if my fees are too high no one will purchase my program or I’m deciding for my client that they can’t afford it)
- Create a new supportive and empowering belief.
- Create your new money boundary. Example-My new money boundary is: “I will state my fees with courage and confidence because my love for my clients is greater than my fear and I empower my clients to invest in themselves and create their own transformation.”
Where do you need to set money boundaries either in your business or life?
If you would like to receive a money boundary makeover click here.